Connect both my LED Cinema display and HDMI Tv to Macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi.

is it possible with some kind of converter to both have my apple Led Cinema display and my television connected to my macbook pro at the same time ?

i have seached the web without any result

Reaction score
It depends on the model of macbook pro, most of them will only drive 1 external monitor. They also only have 1 external display port, either mini display or thunderbolt.

But there is a HDMI dongle for both, although the miniDisplay may no do sound, again it depends on the model of laptop.

Reaction score
Newer model MacBook Pros explicitly say in their Tech Specs that they support two external displays, so I'm guessing that what you're running isn't one of those? There are some options that do USB to HDMI and say they'll let you run video out of both your external video port and USB simultaneously, but it really depends on what hardware and software you're running. Personally, I'd want to see it working before I spend money on it!

Reaction score
Thank you for your answers. The thing is. i would like to have my cables connected at all times. my mac book pro 15" i7 only have one mini display port. so im properly gonna need a adaptor that splits it in to 1 mini display and 1 Hdmi. but i cannot seem to find any :((

Reaction score
adaptor that splits it in to 1 mini display and 1 Hdmi
never seen such a thing. This is the problem, there is only one out for video, to drive 2 monitors you need to either daisy chain, I've never seen HDMI daisy chain off mini display, or use a non standard port, i.e. USB.

I don't think it will work, as Morhass says
see it working before I spend money on it!

Ask a Question