SOLVED Macbook pro 2017 Keyboard & Trackpad issues

Reaction score
Hi

I have a MacBook pro 13" 2017 model, it was all working fine until couple of days ago and suddenly keyboard and trackpad stopped working. When i switch on the mac it switches on properly however both keyboard and trackpad wont work.

I was trying all options and suddenly discovered that when i bring down the lid to 45 degrees or further down both keyboard and trackpad are working without any issues. again i tried open the lid full then both gets stuck. I did full clean internet recovery but no luck still trackpad and keyboard works only if the lid is opened about 45 degrees.

Anyone has encountered this issue before? Is there any fix for this?

Thanks
Sridhar

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't heard of this issue personally. It sounds like a hardware/cable issue, since it works if you move the display.

Honestly, it will probably require a hardware repair. You could try using an external keyboard/mouse in the meantime.

C

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Cory and you are very right. This is a cable issue but the cable is integrated into the display. Whole display has to be changed which is costing 850.00 USD a big shame. Below is the link which explains this

Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

The cable they speak of in the video will cause issue with the display losing video, not as much as they keyboard/trackpad not working. Their connection cables aren't part of the display video/camera cable. However, the keyboard/trackpad cable could be loose or failing in conjunction with the video cable.

I believe the repair you may need could be a combination of things - tops case/keyboard/trackpad/logic board, depending on what is causing the issue.

C

Ask a Question