MacBook Air 6,2 Dual Monitors????

Reaction score
I've been trying to find out if it is possible to connect my MacBook Air 6,2 (early 2014) to a docking station to get dual monitor support. Can anyone help me out on connecting dual monitors to my mac?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You actually don't need a docking station to connect an external display for dual monitoring. You can use a Mini DisplayPort to VGA or HDMI to connect to an external that has one of those connector types.

-Do you have a specific need for a docking station? (There aren't many options out there for Macs)
-Do you already have an external display?
-If so, what brand/model is it?

C

Reaction score
I’m trying to connect 2 external monitors. That’s why I thought I needed a hub. Is this possible?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Ahhh...

From my experience, MacBook Airs only support a single external display due to the single Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort port. You can get dual display, but only with the built-in and one external.

There are some USB-to-HDMI adapters that allow a second external display, as in this article: How to Connect MacBook Air to Two Monitors.

Not sure how well that works, or if that would work with your particular MBA model. I don't recall seeing any MBA docking station solutions that allow two external displays.

C

Ask a Question