MacBook Air, 2017, OS 10.14.4 Downloads not showing as actioned in Downloads or Launchpad

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Recently, I downloaded from the AppStore a copy of a free XXXX. Today, I purchased MS Office 365 Personal, from Microsoft.
Both these apps appear in Applications and the Dock but there is no record of me ever receiving them.
Shouldn't they show up in the Downloads folder ?
Neither app. has a footprint history, is something wrong or is this the new 'system?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

When you purchase apps from the App Store, they install automatically. They don't give you an installer or a disk image like apps purchased directly from a software company. The should be in the Launchpad...they may be on another page.

They do remain in the Purchased section of the App Store, so you can reinstall them, or install them using your Apple ID and the App Store app on other Macs you may own.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
My downloads file has disappeared. I've gone into the system folder. Can't find it at all. Mac Pro 2017. Catalina 10.15.6. Also, recently the N and M keys runn onn, as you can see. I've tried to lessen the keystrokes,but that doesn't work.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The Downloads folder isn't located in the System folder. It is located in Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Downloads. In Finder, you can also access it from the menu bar > Go > Downloads or with the key combo Option-Command-L.

-Did you mean MacBook Pro, not Mac Pro desktop?
-Which brand/model is your keyboard?
-Bluetooth wireless or wired?
-Is it just those two keys?
-Have you tried another keyboard, or changed the key repeat rate in  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Keyboard?

C

Reaction score
My downloads file has disappeared. I've gone into the system folder. Can't find it at all. Mac Pro 2017. Catalina 10.15.6. Also, recently the N and M keys runn onn, as you can see. I've tried to lessen the keystrokes,but that doesn't work.
I had a 2012 17" MBP and had same or similar problems with certain keys not responding. Non repairable, forced me into a new 13" MBA. The small screen forced me to buy a 24" Samsung monitor and El Cheapo Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, works well. It occurred to me (much later,) had I bought a monitor and plugged into my 17" MBA, I could likely have kept on working.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The Downloads folder isn't located in the System folder. It is located in Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Downloads. In Finder, you can also access it from the menu bar > Go > Downloads or with the key combo Option-Command-L.

-Did you mean MacBook Pro, not Mac Pro desktop?
-Which brand/model is your keyboard?
-Bluetooth wireless or wired?
-Is it just those two keys?
-Have you tried another keyboard, or changed the key repeat rate in  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Keyboard?

C
Thanks. How do I get Downloads onto the menu bar? I've tried to click and drag - it doesn't work. And the multiple letters still keep happening.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Try opening your Home folder in Finder (menu bar > Go > Home), then click and drag the Downloads folder to the right of the vertical bar in the Dock, near the Trash can.

C

Ask a Question