WiFi connects but won’t work on MacBook Air

Reaction score
I’m currently traveling abroad, and I’ve been having connectivity issues the entire time. Now WiFi won’t work at all on my Mac. I’ve tried connecting to various networks and my iPhone’s Hotspot, but no WiFi will work. My Mac connects to the WiFi but will not access any website. I get an error warning that says: “www.apple.com’s server IP address could not be found.” And “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG”

I have tried restarting to my Mac which hasn’t helped and I’m not using a proxy or a VPN. All of the WiFi networks I’ve tried connecting to work fine on my boyfriend’s Galaxy, my iPhone and iPad so I’m fairly confident it’s an issue with my Mac. I’m running Mojave. This happened a couple weeks ago on my trip as will but I was able to fix it my restarting my Mac, but that’s not working this time. This has never been in issue back in the United States, only since I’ve been traveling in Asia.

Any tips for troubleshooting or how to proceed? Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score

Ask a Question