SOLVED WiFi extender amp problem

Reaction score
Hi all, I had some problems playing sports video shows in certain parts of my house and so last month I bought a Netgear wifi range extender and put it half way between our router and my sometimes garage location. I had to set my network to my network name plus the Netgear extension name. For 3 weeks all has been fantastic. I have not performed any software upgrades but have rebooted several times. This week after a few minutes online, I cannot get to any websites. The computer stalls out trying to get to any site. If I reboot then I can get to websites for a short period of time then back to failure. I check "network" and it claims
I am connected. I closed the connection and reloaded and viola, connection... for a short time. I have tried moving locations and same thing. The Netgear extender claims it is working fine and upon reboots it does. But after a short time I am high and dry with no connection. Any ideas? Thanks. as a ps, I had to turn off my wifi connection to the extender and revert to regular wifi to post this.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry we never answered this post. Are you still having the issue, or did you find a resolution in the meantime?

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, this actually was the first symptom of my later post about "failing to get to websites" and was resolved when my proxy settings were set correctly. Many thanks.

Ask a Question