Mac Won't Charge, Any Advice welcome!!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I had my Macbook 13" for about a year and a half, maybe two years. For the last month, I've had trouble getting it to charge, I'd have to replug it at first, then move the cord around, sometimes even having to wrap the cord around the laptop to charge. I thought it was the cord going out, but I used a friends and had the same problem. I cleaned out the plug area with a toothbrush to get all the dust out, and yesterday it quit charging altogether! Help! I am home from college for Christmas and the nearest electronic store is 3 hours away!

Other problems that may or may not mean anything
-I've dropped it a couple times so my clicker sometimes gets stuck if it's not on a flat surface
-It tends to get overheated easily.

Any troubleshooting advice or ideas as to what I can order online (or the costS fix it at a computer store about 2 hours from here) would be GREAT. I know very little about the way computers work. Thanks!

:confused:

Oh, and I'm running 10.6.something (sorry, my computer won't turn on and i don't really know, haha) OSX

Ask a Question