Macbook Pro Won't Charge- No Greenlight in Cord

Reaction score
My macbook pro was completely fine and then the other day I let its battery run out (no big deal) so I plugged it in but the cord's green light won't turn on and the macbook pro acts as if it is not plugged in. I know this is not a problem with power outlets. Help?!

Reaction score
The Charger Bricks have a self setting fuse, leave it out of the power for about 10 mins and then use it in a different outlet.

Failing that it sounds like a hardware fault, if its still under AppleCare you might get it replaced, but they will need both your charger and the laptop to process the claim.

Reaction score
The Charger Bricks have a self setting fuse, leave it out of the power for about 10 mins and then use it in a different outlet.

Failing that it sounds like a hardware fault, if its still under AppleCare you might get it replaced, but they will need both your charger and the laptop to process the claim.

Before the macbook pro ran out of battery, I noticed that when I did plug it in that the battery symbol did not change into charging but otherwise the laptop was working fine- this makes it seem that its not a hardware fault but a problem with the charger brick/cord. Could that be correct? Since I'm still under AppleCare would they just need the charger then, to process the claim?

And I tried leaving out of power for 10 min.+ and using it in a different outlet, it didn't work.

Reaction score
Well, I'm no expert, but my mac had the same problem. I took it in to the local apple experts (not apple store) and they said something about the motherboard wasn't working right. My warranty was up so they said "Well, you can fix this, but it'll cost more than the computer (The computer was a $200 ibook off ebay lol) Or you could get this 2 GHz Macbook for $500, plus 1 GB of extra RAM for trading in your broken ibook" and I was thinking MACBOOK!!!!!!! So I guess it might be an unfixable problem. Mine was like yours; Charging symbol wouldn't show up, but the light on the charger was yellow. When I really pushed on the charger, it turned green and charged. Probably ur motherboard dude.

Reaction score
Probably ur motherboard dude.
Don't think so, quite different from what you describe.

Yes, they will want to see both the laptop and the charger as there is some software they run that checks where the fault is.

Ask a Question