How to turn off laptop screen when connected to Monitor

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have connected my Powerbook 1400c to an Apple 15" Multisync AV Monitor. Runs well,
but I can't close the laptop without turning off the Monitor also. Is there some setting I can
user to do that? Much appreciated.
Brad Hansen

Reaction score
Is your Powerbook running on battery or connected to the mains? Current laptops have to be connected to run in "Clamshell" mode.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't recall the older PowerBooks supporting closed-lid mode. They would simply go to sleep when the display was closed.

C

Reaction score
Perhaps I am missing something but if you want to operate or see anything on the the monitor surely the laptop needs to be open so that you can use the keyboard. The monitor, of itself, cannot make inputs to your laptop nor can it take in any (picture) data unless it is connected to another computer or video source.

Reaction score
Perhaps I am missing something but if you want to operate or see anything on the the monitor surely the laptop needs to be open so that you can use the keyboard. The monitor, of itself, cannot make inputs to your laptop nor can it take in any (picture) data unless it is connected to another computer or video source.
Or, like I do, you use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Ask a Question