How to remove main.vodonet.net pop-up that won't go away?

Reaction score
When I open Google Chrome on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.2), I get a pop-up from main.vodonet.net that says, "Your Flash Player is ready to Download! Click ok to download" (see image below), and there is no close or cancel button, leaving me no option but to force quit chrome and start over (beginning this vicious cycle).

I am now unable to use Google Chrome... I have cleared all download history, removed extensions, and the pop-up block is turned to "on", so I don't know what else I should do.

Is this pop-up dangerous? What measures am I required to take to make sure I'm not at risk of infecting my computer?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 11.59.21 am.png

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
AFAIK, this vodonet infection is a means for revenue collecting for dodgy folk on a pay per click basis … are you having the same issues when you use Safari?

I did find instructions for vodonet removal for Safari & so far the only info regarding Chrome & Vodonet have been for Microsoft.

Regarding taking steps to stop infecting your Mac, flash.vodonet.net appears to have already been installed on your Mac … did you recently download/install anything from an unknown source … if you did, vodonet.net was most likely an optional install …

FWIW though, here's the Safari link if this problem presents there this might help.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25377551#25377551

Last edited:
Reaction score
AFAIK, this vodonet infection is a means for revenue collecting for dodgy folk on a pay per click basis … are you having the same issues when you use Safari?

I did find instructions for vodonet removal for Safari & so far the only info regarding Chrome & Vodonet have been for Microsoft.

Regarding taking steps to stop infecting your Mac, flash.vodonet.net appears to have already been installed on your Mac … did you recently download/install anything from an unknown source … if you did, vodonet.net was most likely an optional install …

FWIW though, here's the Safari link if this problem presents there this might help.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25377551#25377551

Thank you for the link, I will have a look.

No, the pop-up doesn't appear on Safari (which is what I'm using now). I don't recall downloading or clicking anything odd on Chrome, which is why this has me confused... I must've accidentally clicked something somewhere without realising.

I have searched for adware on my mac or any other suspicious files but I couldn't find any, but then again I'm not so knowledgeable in the field so it is likely that I am not looking properly...

If I uninstall Chrome and just use Safari, will my computer be affected? Because I am happy to just settle with that if need be.
Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you are sure you haven't recently downloaded & installed software from any unknown sources and the issue just seems to affect Chrome then I would uninstall it and use Safari, also run Software Update to ensure you have all the latest Security Updates.

Reaction score
If you are sure you haven't recently downloaded & installed software from any unknown sources and the issue just seems to affect Chrome then I would uninstall it and use Safari, also run Software Update to ensure you have all the latest Security Updates.

OK, I'll do that then, just to be safe.
Thanks for your advice!

Ask a Question