remove windows server / domain

Reaction score
Please help!!

My many strugles for the Last year.
I have a Macbook pro Lion 10.8.3. I purchased on August of 2012. I am not very technical so be kind.

A "friend" bound my Mac to a his windows server behind my back and for the last year I had to reformat this machine about 8 times as an attempt to stop him from backing up to his remote server or domain. I took a look at the directory utility and it is very clear that this has been my worst nightmare. Apple support can't help since It is not a "problem", not a technical issue... I did ask the "bastard" who did that to my computer but he told me to give up. I have 3 computers and he did that to all of them. So when I purchased my Macbook pro I thought I was free from his sick behavior...:( He did that when I wasn't looking. Please, please would you help me clearing and remove as well as how to stop and remove my Mac from any windows server?

Reaction score
System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing > Options, Uncheck Share files and folders using SMB

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman,k

I did that and all the other security precautions, but my system is still backs up from somewhere...:(

Reaction score
backs up from somewhere
what do you mean from, it is getting files from somewhere, what are those files and exactly where are they coming from???
How do you know this?

Reaction score
Hi,

if you have done what Kaveman hinted re file sharing and SMB, then not sure why there is still a connection. So a couple of questions.

1) When you reinstalled your OS X did you erase drive first?
2) Have you changed your home networks security code, and not given it to anyone?
3) Does a windows computer show up in finders side bar?

Ask a Question