Remove from favorites?

Reaction score
I burned a disk the other day, and that disk is long gone. But the disk name is now listed in my Favorites sidebar. How do I get rid of it?? No, holding down Command and pulling it off the sidebar doesn't do it. In fact, doing that doesn't remove anything else out of Favorites either, like Pictures or Dropbox.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Without knowing the Mac OS version you are running I can only advise this ... try Right-Clicking the item & choose "Remove From Sidebar".

Reaction score
Thank you. That should have been obvious. But no, it doesn't work. This is 10.11.6, BTW.

Reaction score
Thank you. I use OnyX routinely, but never tried checking the "Appearance of folders' contents" box. It worked! That entry in Favorites is gone. And it worked without needing a restart. Now, that function in OnyX took about five minutes to perform, but ...

Reaction score
Thank you. I use OnyX routinely, but never tried checking the "Appearance of folders' contents" box. It worked! That entry in Favorites is gone. And it worked without needing a restart. Now, that function in OnyX took about five minutes to perform, but ...

Cool! Glad it worked. And glad you use Onyx. That excellent software sure has a number of hidden gems!

Ask a Question