How do I remove MyWay Doc to PDF - co-opted my Chrome toolbar!

Reaction score
Please please help me figure out how to get rid of this evil thing! I inadvertantly downloaded it and can't get rid of it. Tried to find advice online but most of it was for Chromebooks or PC/Windows. I'll be so grateful if someone out there can help...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hell0o and welcome.

There are two things to try:

Download, install, and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may remove it for you.

-- OR --

1. Launch Chrome
2. In the menu bar, click Chrome > Preferences...
3. Click Show advanced settings...
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click the Reset settings button - read the warning that pops up and click Reset
5. Then click Extensions in the upper-left of the window
6. Click the trash can icon next to any extension with MyWay or Doc to PDF in the name
7. Quit and relaunch Chrome to see if the issue is resolved

Let us know how it goes,

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory! I didn't find Preferences but as I looked in the drop downs of the various Chrome horizontal menu options, found extensions under window and clicked the trash can icon. All is once again well!

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for your help - very appreciated!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries - you found it under menu bar Window > Extensions instead of Chrome > Preferences... > Extensions. They both go to the same window though. ;)

Glad to hear it worked,

C

Ask a Question