Getting eMac on to wireless

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to macs, I just rescued an eMac which was being thrown out by my university. I thought it would be good to get to grips with before I spend lots of money on a new mac as I have been pondering it for a while.

I would like to get it connected to the wireless internet in my house, I don't know much about it, but my PC laptop just uses a Wireless card and it detects the connections in the area and I enter the password for my connection and it works.

Is it correct that I can simply put an airport card or similar card in and it will pick up the wireless connection and I can connect like that? Do I need an airport hub aswell (the big white pyramid thing??) with which it would communicate or can it communicate with my current wireless router thing.

It was manufactured in early 2004 so it does not have USB 2.0 which I think I've read poses some compatibility issues for the new airport cards.

What is the easiest cheapest method to getting this to connect to my wireless and any future wireless sustems anyone?

Thanks, Screech

Ask a Question