full screen mode

Reaction score
How do you "enter full screen mode" in the finder view menu. I see it in the view menu but is not selectable. Just want to hide the menu bar and dock.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You can't enable Full Screen mode in Finder itself, only in applications that support it. When an application supports it, the View menu option will be available.

In Finder and system-wide, you can set the Dock to automatically hide/show in  > System Preferences... > Dock > Automatically hide and show the Dock. The menu bar is permanent and cannot be hidden, except when in Full Screen mode within an app.

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You can't enable Full Screen mode in Finder itself, only in applications that support it. When an application supports it, the View menu option will be available.

In Finder and system-wide, you can set the Dock to automatically hide/show in  > System Preferences... > Dock > Automatically hide and show the Dock. The menu bar is permanent and cannot be hidden, except when in Full Screen mode within an app.

Hope that helps.

C
Thank you Cory Cooper!
Super Newbie

Reaction score
Hey Cory,
Super Newbie has another question.
I'am doing Mac tutorials on You Tube. When i have the system preferances window open at the same time as the website window, following along with the turtorial window, whenever i click on the preferences window the website window closes. Makes it kinda hard to follow the tutorial when it keeps closing.
is there a way to keep both open at the same time?

Last edited:

Ask a Question