Can I disable full screen in new desktop spaces?

Reaction score
Why do some YouTube/Vimeo videos go full screen in a new space and some in the same space? It’s never consistent and it happens with all the main web browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome). I frequently dual-screen and go full screen on my larger, secondary monitor, with two browser windows.

My main window (MacBook) might have a window where I'm writing an email, or reading an article, for example, and my secondary window might have a YouTuve video I want to watch in full screen.

When I click to go full screen, in the YouTube video bar, not the one on the corner of the window, my main window goes grey, and the video slides onto the secondary screen in full screen. It’s so annoying. I just want it go full screen without having to use spaces, like when you double click a video in VLC.

Is there any way to disable this function? It's starting to get really annoying. Help please!

Ask a Question