How to Disable Helpers in Google Chrome?

Reaction score
How do I completely disable helpers from showing in a new Chrome window (Mac)? They started appearing when I updated Adobe Flash Player. I didn't realize that some extension was bundled with the update. (See screen shot.) I just want Chrome to open into a new blank window.
Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 5.09.40 PM.png

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the solution you seek but there is a Chrome Extension called New Tab Redirect.

• In the window that opens once the Extension is installed look for "URL" in the left column.
  • Look to the right of that for "Redirect URL"
  • In the box underneath type in "about:blank" & click Save
Now quit Chrome then relaunch.

Is this suitable?

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the solution you seek but there is a Chrome Extension called New Tab Redirect.

• In the window that opens once the Extension is installed look for "URL" in the left column.
  • Look to the right of that for "Redirect URL"
  • In the box underneath type in "about:blank" & click Save
Now quit Chrome then relaunch.

Is this suitable?

Thanks but I don't think it is a URL problem because the address box is blank. However, the screen is not blank as you can see from the screen shot I attached, but it is filled with several boxes that, when clicked, link to an address in my browsing history. I want to get rid of these boxes, or "helpers" as I think they are called.

Reaction score
Thanks, I took it to a local guy who used your suggestion and it worked! Thanks again.

Ask a Question