Problem with the fullscreen setting in Mountain lion

Reaction score
Hi, I am experiencing a problem with the full screen setting of my Mountain Lion. The trouble is that when I run apps such as Safari, Zotero or Scrivener and I open, say, the preferences window, this is automatically set in fullscreen, although it should not be so, and eventually the fullscreen setting of the app messes up. I have already got in contact with the Scrivener team and they suggested that was a problem related to one of the apps I use to manage my windows, i.e. RIghtzoom and WindowTidy. Following up this suggestion I uninstalled and restarted my laptop, but nothing has changed. I have also tried several other solutions (see here) but unfortunately without any outcome. I wonder if anyone has already experienced this problem or if you have any suggestions. Thanks.
Alfredo

Reaction score
Hi,

The trouble is that when I run apps such as Safari, Zotero or Scrivener and I open, say, the preferences window, this is automatically set in fullscreen, although it should not be so, and eventually the fullscreen setting of the app messes up
Yes suspect it is Rightzoom, as it changes its behaviour, so the green button will always maximize your windows to all available screen space instead of inconvenient resizing.

I would suggest you uninstall as a test, also why use WindowTidy when you have Mission Control?

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes suspect it is Rightzoom, as it changes its behaviour, so the green button will always maximize your windows to all available screen space instead of inconvenient resizing.

I would suggest you uninstall as a test, also why use WindowTidy when you have Mission Control?

I have already uninstalled it but nothing changes. In someway or another, I should be able to bring to a default setting the system files related to the management of windows aspects. But, I really don't know how to do that. I also tried to reinstall a non-destructive installation of Mountain lion, but again the problem is still there. The only way I have managed to escape the problem is running my os in safe mode. Any idea?

Mission control doesn't do what you can do with window tidy. Perhaps we are talking about different apps.
Many thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

If you are 100% sure you have deleted all its associated library files as well then ok, I would run a permissions repair first.

Also I use Mission Control for multi-desktop sessions have maybe 5-8 on the go. Browser- email- aperture - iTunes- pages doc etc saves cluttering up the dock and you just move from one to another as you want.

Reaction score
I uninstalled the apps with appcleaner. Then I went through some folders of the library in which i thought there might have been files related to the apps deleting them when found. Moreover, I searched though the search form files that included the name of the apps. Do you have a better system in order to be sure of dealing all the files related to them?

I see your point on mission control, I use it a lot too, but window tidy just makes easier quicker have all the windows risezed and located in particular manners. I really like it although now as I said I have uninstalled it.

Reaction score
Hi,

Re uninstalling as long as you went to you hidden library folder not home library associated apps etc then think you will have got every thing.

Definatly ruin permission repair though, and let us know results.

Reaction score
Hi,

Re uninstalling as long as you went to you hidden library folder not home library associated apps etc then think you will have got every thing.

Definatly ruin permission repair though, and let us know results.

Done both what you said, but the problem is still there. I really have no idea about what to do next.

Any suggestion?

Reaction score
Hi,

This is very strange, something has and is still effecting a Mac OS X file. The only way is if one of these program's still has a running file or you yourself edited a file say a plist file for example.

If it was the later and you altered a file then I would say run a new clean instal or better still book a slot with your nearest Apple GB tech.

Reaction score
Hi,

Just followed the link in your first post.
I just remembered that once I modified the info.plist file of finder in an attempt at hiding the menubar. Is it possible that my problem is in anyway related to this issue? In that case, do you have any idea about how to restore the default info.plist file?

So I stick with what I said re booking an appointment with your nearest Apple GB, am sure they will run a fix for you. As system file modification changes are not something I personally can recommend.

Ask a Question