Facebook Fullscreen Video Problem

Mat

Reaction score
Hi. I'm hoping that someone can help, or at least give me some advice on what's going wrong.

I should say, first of all, that I'm not familiar with the workings of a Mac and I'm posting on behalf of someone else. They aren't able to post themselves as they are wheelchair bound with MS and find typing difficult. They are also profoundly deaf so English isn't their first language. I'm the only person they know who knows anything about computers, so they've asked me for help (because Macs and PCs are the same as far as my friends and family are concerned).

I'm not sure what operating system they're using, but I'm hoping that someone here will recognise the problem and go 'Oh, that'll probably be because......'. It's possibly wishful thinking, but I have to try something.

The basic problem is that, when using Facebook, if they try to view a video fullscreen odd things happen. Sometimes the video becomes fullscreen for a second then reverts back. Sometimes it goes fullscreen, reverts back then the Facebook background disappears and the desktop is visible behind the Facebook posts. Sometimes it will go fullscreen, revert back, but the entire screen has become fullscreen and all controls are missing (requiring clicking Esc, I think, to bring them back).

Also, Facetime on the Mac isn't working, and I believe it is displaying similar problems. There may be other programs displaying the same issues, but it is only Facebook and Facetime that he is concerned about.

As I said, I'm not familiar with Macs so don't know where to start. I have witnessed some of the issues but have had the rest explained to me and my sign language is coming on but isn't good enough to get a detailed explanation.

I'm nowhere near the computer at present, and won't be for a week or so, but if anyone is able to tell me anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I should also mention that I have googled the problem and can find nothing useful.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We'll see if we can help you out. It would be very helpful for us to assist in diagnosing the issue if we knew the model of the Mac and the version of OS X that it is running. That will help us narrow down possible causes, and rule out any known-issues that may be causing this.

Let us know if and when you can get some additional information, and we'd be glad to go from there.

C

Ask a Question