File Viewer

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am in search of a file viewer that will allow me to quickly view an HTML file buried in a folder.

I have a folder called "Website Templates" and within that folder is an individual folder for each template. I would like to be able to quickly scan through the index.html files visually to pick the one I want to use. As it stands each folder has to be individually opened and the correct file viewed, and that sucks when I am scanning through 300 files.

Does anyone know of a method or utility that will allow me to view each index.html file within the respective folder? The path would of course need to be preserved, since each file is called "index.html" and I would want to know which specific template I am viewing.

Thanks,
Barbra

Reaction score
Both of those would work well if each file wasn't buried in a separate folder. That's the problem...I have to open all 300 folders to look at one file inside each one. I am looking for something that will round all those up, sort of the way iPhoto does for pics, except this is HTML format.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I would try Spotlight ... type .html then choose the fist option in the drop down list "Show All In Finder"

Reaction score
LOL, you could get a lot more than you expect.

Open the top folder. (The Folder that contains all the other folders that have the web pages)
In the search box, type a single space. (The Search Box in the Finder Window, not Spotlight)
Click the small + button beside save.
Choose Kind is Other and enter html
Ensure you are in Cover Flow View

You can then click save to make a Smart Folder.

Reaction score
Thank you Kaveman and Spawn_Dooley...both of those methods work adequately well. Thanks so much for the help :)

Ask a Question