TIFF/IT file viewer for Mac OS X?

Reaction score
This might be a bit off topic for many, but thought I'd see if anyone here has heard of a recent or still existing viewer for TIFF/IT files. I know that TIFF/ITeyes 2.0 was very popular, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore and it was only good for up to OS 10.1

I also know there are one or two other apps to view them, but those cost quite a bit. Please let me know if you've heard of one that works on Mac OS 10.4.8 that doesn't cost $1,000.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello electrolounger!

Hmm...I never heard of IT files. But you can view TIFF files on the mac with the built in Preview program. Goto Applications and go to preview.

I assume your talking about the imaging TIFF format.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
TIFF/IT files are a pre-press format which is becoming extinct, but some publications still use them for file submission of ads. Kind of like a rasterized version of a PDF/X1a. They're usually only used in a pre-press or commercial printing environment.

Reaction score
WOW!!! Man, I thought I knew all of the older formats. Looks like I need some education :D

I have tried to search for it on Google and I haven't turned anything up except for TIFF for imaging.

Sorry about that. I though you were talking about imaging.

Cheerio
Searay

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You could try getting a print shop to convert for you...would be way less than buying the software you have found. I know RR Donnelly and others have conversion services.

Reaction score
Thanks, but our pre-press department already has the capability to produce the files, but we don't have a viewer to check them out before they go to a printshop. The goal is to provide the pre-press service before they go to the printshop. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what prepress system have you got ?

Brisque ? Apogee etc ?

What are you using to make the TIFF/IT files ?

Software such as Inkpro (trapping software) can read view tiff/it files but it is part of the Brisque software, lots of $$$.

There is an old plugin for Photoshop here, haven't tested it though. Maybe you could set up an old Mac with an older version of PS on with that plugin as a viewing station...

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Strange that an app that can produce the files can't view them after. I am curious as to what software your department is running as well...

Ask a Question