Invalid file type

Reaction score
I scanned a recipe and it went to 'downloads', then, when I went to QVC.com to upload it
It wouldn't do it said invalid file type. What do I need to do to make it valid? LOL
Thanks !

got High Sierra

Reaction score
What file type is the recipe file? And what file types does that site QVC.com accept?

Reaction score
it went into downloads as cake2.tif I scanned it on the printer , then, chose 'folder' I hit 'save' it went into downloads.
Tried to send it in here, but, it won't even when I click on it highlight, the other things I have in downloads like this would
highlight though.

QVC always takes gifs and pics from computer, but, scanned stuff appears as "invalid" LOL

estimated file size was 18 MB is it just to big ?

yeah, it was just to big and it was accepted after I resized it to Jr. size ! LOL
Pictures take good, but, a written recipe I end up writing it out anyway, it's to small . Can't hit a happy medium
wahhhhhhh LOL

Attachments

• Doughboy_3-vi.gif
    Doughboy_3-vi.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
it went into downloads as cake2.tif I scanned it on the printer , then, chose 'folder' I hit 'save' it went into downloads.
Tried to send it in here, but, it won't even when I click on it highlight, the other things I have in downloads like this would
highlight though.

A little confusing. When you first downloaded the file (if that's what you did), it had the name cake2.tif, correct? If so, you then said that you "scanned" it on the printer, and saved it into a folder within your downloads folder. Is that correct? If so, what is the name of the file in that folder?

However, if the "scanning" function on the printer saves files to your downloads folder, then that of course is something different. And if that's the case, maybe the printer's scanning software saves files in .tif format (unless there is a way to choose another format).

A better explanation of exactly what happened would help.

Reaction score
yeah, it was just to big and it was accepted after I resized it to Jr. size ! LOL
Pictures take good, but, a written recipe I end up writing it out anyway, it's to small . Can't hit a happy medium
wahhhhhhh LOL

I guess we were posting at the same time! Surprised that 18 mb was too big.

Ask a Question