Facetime "System Setting"?

Reaction score
In Facetime, on my Mac, I select "System Setting" for audio and video, where I have set my computer audio to just be through my internal speakers in System Prefs. But then I get no Facetime audio. I need to set audio WITHIN Facetime to my internal speakers to get FACETIME audio through my internal speakers. What the !@#$%^? In Facetime, what exactly does "System Setting" mean? I guess it doesn't mean what is set in System Prefs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't use FaceTime very much at all. :(

Because audio/video is controlled by macOS, many audio applications allow you to select different audio sources within the app. I agree, it should honor the System Setting and it is strange that it doesn't.

Does the same thing happen in other applications like QuickTime Player, iMovie, etc.?

C

Reaction score
I don't use iMovie, but at least Quicktime Player doesn't offer any choices about what to do with the audio. It just follows what was set in Sys Prefs. That's what I'd expect. Curious that Facetime even offers choices that are independent of what you select in SysPrefs/Sound. That is, it has Facetime prefs, which are independent of SysPrefs, which is kind of unexpected.

Ask a Question