FaceTime crashes after installing Monterey

Reaction score
Ever since installing macOS Monterey on my 27" iMac 2020, my FaceTime app crashes just as I start to connect with someone. It doesn't matter if I initiate the call or receive it. I tried creating a new user account with all defaults but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Ever since installing macOS Monterey on my 27" iMac 2020, my FaceTime app crashes just as I start to connect with someone. It doesn't matter if I initiate the call or receive it. I tried creating a new user account with all defaults but the problem persists. Any suggestions?
There are over 300 online complaints that I know of right now. Many of us have called Apple Support who claim to have no knowledge of the problem and even less knowledge of how to fix it. I do not believe Apple is going to fix it. The problem is limited to the old Intel chip.Macs with the new M1 chips are working fine

Reaction score
There are over 300 online complaints that I know of right now. Many of us have called Apple Support who claim to have no knowledge of the problem and even less knowledge of how to fix it. I do not believe Apple is going to fix it. The problem is limited to the old Intel chip.Macs with the new M1 chips are working fine
Don't be so sure that the Facetime/MacOS 12.0.1 issues are just with Intel chip Macs. I'm having serious problems w. Facetime on my M1 MacBook Air since I installed MacOS 12.0.1. Facetime freezes and results in frozen mouse and keyboard input. It may have to do with using Audio or WebCam peripherals.

Ask a Question