How to reach me on Facetime?

Reaction score
In Facetime settings, once logged in with my Apple ID, I have entered BOTH my phone number and my e-mail as "You can be reached for FaceTime at". Two check boxes. One for each. But you can't check them individually! That is, if I want to be reachable on Facetime by my e-mail, but NOT by my phone number (or vice versa), it won't let me do that. How can I set Facetime to pick up according to either e-mail address or phone number, but not both?

Reaction score
I have 3 emails and 1 phone number attached to my Facetime and am able to select any combination, individual or multiple.
Facetime Version 5.0 (3080) on Big Sur.

Reaction score
My issue is that in Facetime settings, I see either

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 7.43.51 AM.jpg

or

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 7.38.09 AM copy.jpg

That is, I can't check ONE BOX, and I get a funny greyed out e-mail line when the boxes are unchecked.

In the first case above, Facetime will ring *either* with the phone number or the e-mail.
In the second case above, Facetime won't ring *either* with the phone number or e-mail.

My question is, how do I set up Facetime to ring via JUST the phone number or via JUST the e-mail.

This is Big Sur, but I see the same thing on El Capitan.

Reaction score
With a single account selected mine too is greyed out, but still receives and makes calls.
All settings in Facetime are as installed.

Reaction score
Well, what I'm trying to do is prevent is my Big Sur Facetime from ringing whenever my cell phone rings, when my phone number is called. Indeed, the second case above does exactly that. In that case, Big Sur Facetime refuses to ring when the phone number is called, but does so when the e-mail is called. Still not sure why those boxes can't be checked independently, though.

That is, if I wanted my Big Sur Facetime to ring when the phone number is called, but NOT when the e-mail is called, I wouldn't be able to do that.

Ask a Question