Can't log in to Facetime

Reaction score
I have been using Facetime for a number of years and used it about a week ago. Two days ago I opened it and it said I had to sign on and that I would be sent a verification code on my cellphone. However I am in a remote area with no cell service so that is not going to work. Meanwhile I cannot connect with my family on Facetime. Any ideas why this would have happened and what I can do about it? I have a MacBookAir 2014

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like the standard re-authentication that happens when you haven't signed in or used FaceTime for a while...Apple's security. One thought - can you enable Wi-Fi Calling on your iPhone - maybe that will allow you to receive the code?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Unfortunately there is a problem with the Wifi calling as well . I have had it enabled for years but recently changed my cellphone plan and it seems to have gotten screwed up. I didn't know this until I was in a remote area with no cell service. My phone company cannot help me so I have to wait until I am in an area with both cell service and Wifi before I can fix it. It seems I just may have to wait until I get home to fix both of these issues!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, sounds like a tough situation.

The only other thing would be if you have another Apple device in another location that is signed into your Apple ID that could receive the code, which someone could access and send you.

Good luck!

C

Ask a Question