F key settings do not work

Reaction score
ok i have an Imac that i bough a few months ago, and what happened was i changed the batteries a while back...yes changed the batteries and now my F key settings are all messed up for example most don't work but when i press F9 it would do what F3 should do, i tried pressing restore default in the keyboard settings but it made absolutely no difference, then when i re-bound all of the keys that it allowed me to for example the brightness up and down and such the ones that i re-bound started working....but it only allowed to re bind like 4 of the keys........ my volume up volume down mute and such still do not work which are the main ones i use.
(i got F1-4 working....anything after that it does not allow me to re bind to what it should be, or at least from what i can see)
Uhmm i am trying really hard not to have to wipe my harddrive and re install everything so please help... a month ago i was on the phone for like 2 hours with an apple support person that could not help me and he told me to re instal my harddrive and all of that however, i DO NOT want to be forced to re install everything i have on my mac at the moment for a few F keys.
Please help </3.

Reaction score
Lets start by finding out if its the Keyboard or the iMac, can you take it to another apple computer and pair it and see if the problem follows the keyboard?

Ask a Question