downloading won't complete

Reaction score
Every time I try to download something, like a software update, or an audiobook, etc. (it doesn't seem to matter what it is) midway through the download freezes. It just stops downloading. I am using a 12" G4 ibook, I just upgraded to 10.4.10 (after many frustrating incomplete attempts to download the upgrade) I tried upgrading my Firefox to the newest version, and I have tried switching off the airport and connecting over the ethernet cable. it still doesn't matter. I have restarted the computer, quit and restarted firefox. My network diagnostics on my system preferences says I am connected to the internet whether I use the ethernet or the airport. I have wasted many hours already. The worst is it freezing when it is 100mb into a 170 meg dowload. Argh

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

has this always been a problem ? Or did it used to work okay ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
On further troubleshooting, I am pretty sure it is the ISP problem, and will contact roadrunner. I tried using my other laptops to download the files with the same problem. It just started yesterday, but 2 laptops got reconfigured. I had a blown hard drive replaced on my ibookG4, and when it came back from techrestore, I transfered the contents of an ibook I was using (G3) to the new G4's hd using a firewire cable and restarting the G3 using the T key, and used the setup asst. on the G4. Then I transfered the contents of my wife's G4 ibook to the G3, wiping out my old info, using superduper, so she could have a duplicate of her info at her job. Sorry for the long explanation, but I noticed the problem after I did all this transferring, and I assumed it was in the computer.

Ask a Question