Documents folder missing

Reaction score
Since downloading the 10.12.6 version of Sierra the Documents folder has gone missing from my finder. I keep Word and Excel in there as well as some downloads, and can still find what I want by going into each individual thing but want the Documents back where they were, how can I do this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

If you are signed in with an iCloud account, check and see if  > System Preferences... > iCloud > Options... > Desktop & Documents Folders is checked. If so, then it has moved them to iCloud, and actually hidden them from your Home folder. They should appear in a Finder window under the iCloud section.

More info here: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Let us know if that is the case,

C

Reaction score
Hello.

If you are signed in with an iCloud account, check and see if  > System Preferences... > iCloud > Options... > Desktop & Documents Folders is checked. If so, then it has moved them to iCloud, and actually hidden them from your Home folder. They should appear in a Finder window under the iCloud section.

More info here: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Let us know if that is the case,

C
Thank you, they were in the iCloud and I've now got them back where I wanted them. Thanks again

Ask a Question