Shutting Documents In Preview

Reaction score
I have a MBP with OSX v 10.7.5

I often have 10 to 30 pdf documents open in Preview and when I want to close them there is a command
File/close selected pdf document
What I need is to close all documents; is there a way to do this? If I just exit Preview the whole 30 documents will reload when I restart it.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You should be able to simply hold the Option key down and click on the red circle in the upper left of one of the documents and they should all close.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory
That is a great help.
I was convinced there must not be a simple solution because it was not present in the menu beside "close the selected pdf". I think there is a common software design issue here, whereby designers fail to understand the grief that results when they assume users will know the commands or will somehow work them out. Is there an explanation why there is no "close all pdfs" in the menu beside "close the selected pdf"? Also, why not in the menu have an "other commands" option that if selected (because the user cant find what they need) lists all available commands that are not accessed by the menu?

many thanks
Greg

Ask a Question