Recover deleted documents from MBP

Reaction score
My computer got a virus attack and there are many files being deleted. Fortunately, I backed my Macbook through Time Machine but some of the new document files were missing. Please suggest an way to recover the deleted files.

Reaction score
Recently I had problems with both Time Capsule and missing i-cloud files on my MBP & I-Mac.
I spent a lot of time talking to the Mac support people. They were very helpful and many files & folders were recovered from the Apple servers, though, I suspect, not all of the missing ones. I suggest you speak with them too. Contact arrangements will vary depending upon your location.

Reaction score
My computer got a virus attack and there are many files being deleted. Fortunately, I backed my Macbook through Time Machine but some of the new document files were missing. Please suggest an way to recover the deleted files.

Disk Drill may be a simple and free solution. If this does not work, well, things may turn worse, but he/she may try it first.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I believe Disk Drill only works if it's already installed & has been monitoring the drive where the files resided.

The first rule if you need data recovery on a drive is to stop using it immediately to ensure that there is a greater chance of recovery. Using the drive causes overwriting of the lost files which while they no longer show up via search, they are still taking up space on the hard drive, but that space is flagged to be written over.

Reaction score
I tested the trial version of Disk Drill, it didn't scan the deleted documents.
As I said before, I talked direct to Apple Support by telephone [via Apple Store website, either voice (you book a convenient time & they call you to save on your telephone bill) or by e-mail messages. Suggest you try the same. Otherwise, go to your local Apple store. Much of the time this advice is FREE. Even if you have to pay something, that is better than losing the use of your device.

Ask a Question