Default to list view for server connection?

Reaction score
When I "Connect to Server"with an ftp connection, the system ALWAYS opens in icon view. I want it to default to list view. Rather strange. For regular folders, "Show View Options" lets me default to "Always open in list view" by checking the box. But for a server connection, "Show View Options" only allows me to default to icon view by checking the box. What gives?

Monterey 12.4

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Hmmm...I only use FTP connections via the Panic Transmit or BinaryNights ForkLift applications. I haven't tried it in the Connect to Server function of Finder. I do know that when using AFP/SMB connections in Finder to data shares on a network, the View Options are available. I wonder if that isn't possible with an FTP connection?

I will test it out and get back to you.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry I never got back to you. Tried tsting it out, but had trouble even connecting via FTP to my FTP accounts in Connect to Server.

Did you ever get this resolved?

C

Reaction score
Well, "Connect to Server" with sftp works fine. Goodness know why they work differently.

Ask a Question