Multiple mails, creating default sender

Reaction score
I have 3 mails connected to my mac mail program. One that is my "personal", one for business inquiries, and one for editorial inquieries. I send almost all my mails from my "personal" account, however, sometimes i end up sending them from the others, which then confuses people i send to as they don´t know which one is correct. This is no big problem as i still get all the mails, just slightly annoying.

So, is there any way to set it up so all mails by default are sent by my "personal" one, and/or even better, have a pop-up when trying to send from the other mails asking me if i really want to send from this adress.
Was thinking there has to be a function by default for it to make a pop-up when you press send mail that says "confirm sending". If so, maybe there is a way to go into the files off the program/computer and change this text to whatever i want. If there is, does anyone know how i can find that information?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
How to Change the Default Email Address in Mail on Your Mac
  1. After opening Mail, click Mail in the Menu bar.
  2. Click Preferences.
  3. Click Composing.
  4. Click "Automatically select best account"
  5. From the drop down menu select the address you require as default.

Ask a Question