Can automator drag multiple filecombinations from a certain folder to an random app (in this case Kandao raw+) ?

Reaction score
I have a folder full of photos, raw dng files (actually it's a raw dng movie sequence).
The files are numbered, the files have the same prefix followed by "_frame_000000.dng" and the six digit number counts up every file.

Now I want automator to select the first 16 dng files in this directory (so file *_frame_000000.dng to *_frame_000015.dng) and drag it to the app Kandao raw+
Kandao raw+ is an app that aligns and averages multiple raw files in order to reduce noise ( https://www.kandaovr.com/download/ )

Ideally the app is already open at the beginning screen and the automator drags the first 16 files from the folder to the app.
After that I want automator select another 16 dng files from this folder, now 1 count up, so file *_frame_000001.dng to *_frame_000016.dng and drag these on the Kandao raw+ app.

and so on and on, until it reaches the last file group of 16 images in the folder.

Is this possible in automator and if so, how could I accomplish that ?

To give a better impression what I want to automate, here's an example screen recording, doing it manually.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is well beyond my experience with Automator/AppleScript. Maybe another member here will chime in, or you could contact the folks over at MacScripter, as they may be able to point you in the right direction.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Already was a bit afraid that it was too complicated to be done by automator.

Ask a Question