How to make an Automator to export Outlook data on schedule?

Reaction score
I have Microsoft Outlook 2019 on my OS X 10.13 system. I'd like to make a script to export the calendar to a file (a menu item that can be run manually with a couple of clicks) on a schedule. How to do that?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with Outlook 2019 on a Mac, or Automator/AppleScript.

What kind of file are you looking to export the calendar to?

C

Reaction score
Thank you! The export itself works fine, I have no questions about the export or the file it makes. What I need is to basically simulate a series of mouse clicks on a schedule (or better yet, use the scripting commands offered by the application, to kick off the export). How do I find out if this application makes the menu export command available to scripts?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

As I understand Automator, it shouldn't matter if the application has direct support for Automator. Automator/AppleScript can record mouse clicks and action, and apply them in any application.

The folks over at MacScripter may be able to lend a hand and explain a workflow for you.

C

Ask a Question