Automator/AppleScript Problem

Reaction score
I am building a program to delete files/folders - here is how my program looks in Automator
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 7.07.35 PM.PNG

The problem I am having is sometimes where the program runs I get this error -
Image 1-10-20 at 7.32 PM.JPG

The program does work so I don't know why this error is popping up. Is there an Automator or AppleScript command that I can use to bypass this error so it does not show up at all?

Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced in Automator/AppleScript, but I will try to help.

Here is my analysis and a few questions:
-Are you trying to remove video files of TV shows that you purchased through iTunes? Or, can you explain the purpose of the Automator application in more detail?
-Is there a reason for the 60 second pause at the beginning?
-Using Kind is folder should grab any folder in that location, not just those with those file type in them?
-I wonder if it is giving the error because it finds some, but not all of the file types when it searches? Maybe they need to be run/listed separately?

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
What verion of Automator and MacOS are you using. I am using MacOS 10.14.6 and Automator is version 2.9 (444.42) and this works OK even when there are no qualifying files present.
AutoSS.png

Ask a Question