Shell script in Automator to use iPhone to make a phone call?

Reaction score
Hi Mac Help community, in an Automator shell script I would like to use the iPhone to making a voice call. The command "open facetime-audio://+61490888888" does not direct my mac to use my iPhone. Any suggestions?
Regards, Carl

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have a lot of experience with Automator/AppleScript. However, I don't believe there is a way to use Automator to make a FaceTime/phone call from your Mac to your iPhone, since they are separate devices and run separate operating systems. I do know there may be some form of interaction between your Mac and iPhone using Continuity, but I have never used it.

Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch

Maybe that will help a bit. Or, you could try the folks over at MacScripter to see if they may know more.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, thank you. I could not determine from the article whether it can or cannot be done in Automator so I have reached out to the folks over at MacScripter. Regards, Carl

Ask a Question