Setting Default Microphone when using Bluetooth Headphones.

Reaction score
Hi,
I think that most of us will have had issues with the somewhat "flaky" connection problems on iMac's when using bluetooth headsets which have microphones inbuilt.
At the moment, whenever I wish to use my headphones, I have to go to "system preferences/sound and set the default speaker to 'internal'.
Is there anyway that I can set the internal mic to stay as the default, irrespective of whether I have the headphones connected?
It really is a pain to have to change the default on every occasion.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post, hopefully there's a 'fix' out there!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume you meant set the input to internal mic, not speakers?

Normally, when you connect a wired or Bluetooth set of headphones w/mic, it will automatically change to that as the input/output source. With Bluetooth, you can change which mic you use, but I don't know if you can set it to the internal mic as the default when using that type of headset. This issue wouldn't occur if it was just a set of Bluetooth headphones without a mic. If you use a wired headset, it mechanically disables the internal speaker(s) and mic, and they cannot be used until you unplug the headset.

What brand/model are the Bluetooth headphones with mic?

C

Ask a Question