Can't upload playlists onto to IPOD nano (5th generation).

Reaction score
Hi, this is driving me crazy. I can't upload playlists from iTunes onto my IPOD nano. I don't know what happened, as it was working fine up until now. So: I plug the IPOD USB into my computer keyboard (as I've always done).

I open Itunes, click on the IPOD icon, which shows me the summary.

Then I click on 'Music' and get the 'Sync music" block with the three radial buttons. There's a black dot in the first button which says "Entire music library." I want to change this to "selected playlists, artists and genres," but as I said the buttons are frozen.

I don't know what's causing this. I tried resetting the IPOD to the factory settings, erasing the music I had on there in the process.

Can someone help with this? Mega thanks, Scott

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It isn't normally recommended to connect an iOS device to the USB inputs on a keyboard. They should be connected directly to a USB port on the Mac itself. Most keyboard cannot supply enough USB power for them. It could also be a failing cable.

-Which version of OS X?
-Do you have another USB cable?
-Which version of OS X and iTunes?

C

Ask a Question