I can't get Firefox to upload

Reaction score
I have an iMac desktop 10.2.8.

When I click on the Firefox icon, all I hear is this faint noise like da, da, da, da, silence, da, da, da, da, silence, etc. and nothing happens. Is there any kind of web browser I can download that would work with my old version?

Reaction score
Have you tried Safari that came installed with your Mac? The latest Firefox version does require OS X 10.4 or later.

Reaction score
Yes, I try my original Safari which is 1.0.3.

It quits automatically a lot, and I cannot access my Comcast email on it. (My Apple email doesn't work.) When I go into Comcast email, it will list the various subjects / date / who from, but when I individually click on them, the content of the email does not show up.

Reaction score
Oh, I solved my own problem. I googled "old versions of Firefox" which brought me to the Mozilla website. I downloaded whatever Firefox version was compatible with my 10.2.8, and Firefox is working again! Granted, there are some things I cannot do with this old version, but at least I am up and running again. The videos on the Comcast "fan" stutter - both sound and picture, but I can live with that by not using that Comcast feature.

Ask a Question