1 line of the keyboard (zxcvbnm,.) not working after factory reset.

Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully someone knows what is going on here.

Got a problem with my Macbook Air. I wanted to factory reset it, so I ereased my data and wanted to reinstall MacOS. But my keys (zxcvbnm,.) stopped working. Now I can’t log in with my Apple ID and password.

Run onboard diagnostics (restarted system with pressed D). There is no fault.

I replaced the battery with a battery from another Macbook Air that I have to see if it will solve my problem. But I still have the same problem with one line of the keyboard ...

What to do? Need help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I would try a USB keyboard to get macOS reinstalled, then diagnose the keyboard issue. As I understand your post, the keyboard issue was happening before you swapped batteries, correct?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I would try a USB keyboard to get macOS reinstalled, then diagnose the keyboard issue. As I understand your post, the keyboard issue was happening before you swapped batteries, correct?

C
That is correct.

Thanks for suggestion. I'll try that.

Reaction score
That is correct.

Thanks for suggestion. I'll try that.
I have run a system test. No MBA error. But selected keys (include left CMD) still do not work (se picture).

Yes, the keyboard issue was happening before I swapped batteries.

Attachments

• MBA keyboard.jpg
    MBA keyboard.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 266

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...thanks.

Let us know if the external USB keyboard works.

My guess would be that there is a loose keyboard connector, possible hardware failure. or even liquid damage to the keyboard. If you do decide to check the cable connections, be VERY careful, as some of the internal ribbon cables/connectors can easily be damaged.

C

Ask a Question