SOLVED Xcode & FileMerge

Reaction score
I could really use some advice on how best to compare/merge files &[or folders in catalina 10.15.7 on late 2012 iMac?
Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you give us a little more information on what you are looking to do? Are you looking to cleanup/manage files/duplicates?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory. I am indeed doing all 3. I am now using Photosweeper and Photomill to clean up my poorly organised photos (about 15,000 of them) and although it is a lengthy process I think I am achieving my goal, albeit it is a lengthy and time-consuming task. It just goes to show its best to do things properly in the 1st place, and, of course, BACKUP EVERYTHING beforehand rather than afterward when it is usually too late ! ! !
Thankfully I have been able to recover all (I think :oops:) my misplaced, misfiled, mislabelled, mistreated and generally mishandled files. I must say the above apps have been very helpful to me so far.
Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Glad it seems to be working for you. Yes, it can be a very long and tedious process after things pile up. And, it takes some discipline and a workflow change to maintain files as you go.

Best of luck,

C

Ask a Question