Xcode for OS 10.13

Reaction score
When I go to the apple app. store and try to download Xcode, I get the message that the version of Xcode available only works with OS 10.14. I'm running OS 10.13 on my 2011 iMac. I want Xcode because it seems that Xcode is necessary to download the HomeBank app. for Macintosh. Maybe I'm mistaken about that. Don't care about Xcode otherwise, but do want to get HomeBank, which seems to require the MacPortal (?) software as well as Xcode. Is there a convenient (!) way to get HomeBank for my iMac?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It should give you a prompt like this:

Are you not getting that?

C

Reaction score
Sign up to the Apple developer program and you will have access to download the older versions. Link It is free to sign up.

Reaction score
Think I'll give up and buy an old Quicken install disc. The Apple developer website now doesn't recognize my password, and wants me to wait a day until I can reset it. Not worth the trouble to try to get Xcode and MacPorts (?), etc.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could try installing the Xcode Command Line Tools (CLT) and MacPorts and/or Homebrew:
-Install Command Line Tools (CLT) for Xcode via Terminal command: xcode-select --install
-Install MacPorts
-Install Homebrew

MacPorts and Homebrew are similar package managers.

C

Ask a Question