Wifi on OS X 10.7.5 not working

Reaction score
Over the past few days, my wifi connection goes in and out (much more out than in). Under network diagnostics, both "internet" and "server" turn red. It's not the router - every other device in my house works fine. Also, the computer doesn't connect to my phone's hot spot via wifi, although I can access the internet on my computer if I use my phone's hot spot via blue tooth. I have a desktop operating on Mac OS X 10.7.5. I would really appreciate any help!

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Try this
1. Go to Preferences > Network
2. Add a new location
3. In the Show: menu, go to Network Port Configurations
4. Make sure AirPort is checked (it should be by default)
5. Drag Airport to the top of the list (above Modem)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried the first few steps with no luck. As for steps 4 and 5, I don't use AirPort. I have just a regular cable modem/wireless router. I've used the router on the mac since I've owned it for about a year. I never had any problems with it until this past week. As I mentioned, the existing router works without problems on both of my iPads and iPhones still, not to mention my TVs, PC, and Roku players. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi,

iPad and phone are wireless so just maybe it is the data cable, what happens if you change the cable or run the iMac wirelessly?

Reaction score
there is a limit on WiFi routers, most only support 5 devices, check that you haven't reach the max number of devices.
Apple BaseStation the limit is 50.

Ask a Question