Wifi not working even though it says I'm connected

Reaction score
Alright, I have a macbook 13" from 2010 with leopard. It also has a partition with windows XP set up. I've had the hard drive and battery replaced already, but the problems keep coming.
A few days ago I booted up into OS X and the finder wasn't working. The desktop wouldn't load anything but the background image and would just show the loading beachball. I could open firefox, word, anything really and it would all work fine until I tried to use the finder in anyway, including trying to open files from word. Windows XP worked completely fine during all of this. Also, sometimes when I would boot into OS X it would just sit at the white screen with the grey apple and the little loading circle and never do anything. I then ran diagnostics and it said there was no trouble. I then ran extended diagnostic and still came back no trouble. I then restarted into OS X and the finder and desktop finally worked again and all seemed fine with the world.
Now, whenever I try to use the internet it says no connection. The wifi symbol shows I'm connected and after accessing network preferences it says I am connected to wifi just fine. I have tried removing and adding airport from my network preferences, moving system configuration to the trash and restarting and still nothing.
Wifi works on Windows XP just fine.
Sorry that is a rather lengthy post, but I just wanted to make clear all of the details on the problem.

Ask a Question