Wifi connection keeps dropping

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone could help me with my dodgy wifi.

Recently I moved into a new apartment. Wifi worked fine before on my MacBook pro but now it keeps cutting out and sometimes my mac cannot find the network at all - it isn't listed in the the list of wifi networks available. When I reset the computer it tends to show up again, but only intermittently. I've upgraded to Mountain Lion recently but this has not solved the problem. I've restarted the router and run diagnostics but to no avail. I've also tried renewing the DHCP release. Downloads are occasionally fast, but they need restarting many times before completion usually because the connection keeps dropping. Streaming just doesn't happen at all. Some websites take ages to load whilst others pop up quickly.

My MacPro is 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, with OSX 10.8.2.

The router modal is TP-LINK TL-WR340G

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
All I can think to suggest is to ensure your WIFI modem isn't too far away from the phone connection .... maybe others might chime in but WIFI is a difficult thing to diagnose. Have you contacted your ISP for advice on troubleshooting this?

Reaction score
Haven't contacted the ISP yet. I changed the frequency of the router and that has solved the problem of it not showing up on the list, but it still drops all the time.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my Wifi. I am constantly getting messages that there is no internet connection. I use the toolkit supplied by Apple and the connection is restored but it is lost again 15 minutes later. It happens on both the IMAC and the MacBook. Any suggestions.

Ask a Question