SOLVED Wi Fi access on MB AIr

Reaction score
I am running Catalina and although I have a dedicated network through a Link router; I now have my Router picking up a non secure
Network every time ( this happened after I mistakenly logged into it. So every time, I now have to deselect this unsecured link ( It happens to be a free BT Wi Fi network) and log into my dedicated network. A bit of a nuisance now. Help please ?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Go to  > System Preferences... > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Wi-Fi tab and click the name of the network, than click the minus - button to remove it. You can also click and drag the Wi-Fi networks in the list in the order you prefer - your most often used at the top. Then click OK and then Apply.

Note: If you then click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar, it will still search every time for Wi-Fi networks in range, but that doesn't mean it is connecting to them.

Let us know if that works for you.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Go to  > System Preferences... > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Wi-Fi tab and click the name of the network, than click the minus - button to remove it. You can also click and drag the Wi-Fi networks in the list in the order you prefer - your most often used at the top. Then click OK and then Apply.

Note: If you then click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar, it will still search every time for Wi-Fi networks in range, but that doesn't mean it is connecting to them.

Let us know if that works for you.

C
Hi C C *** Many thanks that worked a treat - I will note that for future reference. I have another issue but will address that separately again. Thank you

Ask a Question