which file?

Reaction score
hi all, I've ripped a dvd using mac the ripperm and and trying to encode usibng handbrake but which file should I encode for the whole film?

Reaction score
Thanks walrus, i wasn't sure if i had to do each individual file but obv I do, how do i get it to be 1 avi file then?

cheers

Reaction score
Thanks walrus, i wasn't sure if i had to do each individual file but obv I do, how do i get it to be 1 avi file then?

cheers

Hi Fev, Actually, when Handbrake prompts you to make a choice, select the entire VIDEO_TS Folder (click on it once to select it and then click on the "Open" button at the bottom of the "Selection" window). Handbrake will convert the VIDEO_TS Folder to one movie file.
You can select AVI by clicking on the up and down arrows that are adjacent to the "Format" selection box. Unless for some reason you're partial to AVI's, I'd recommend using the "Normal" preset as it does a great job. However, if you want full DVD quality movies I highly recommend DVDRemaster, DVD2oneX2, and last but certainly not least, Toast Titanium. :)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm wanting to encode a dvd for my mp4 watch. In order for it to play, it must be in NVX format or something like that but the software doesn't encode directly from DVD. What format do you suggest encoding to first?

Thanks

Ask a Question