Weird distorted echo on my iMac. Help?

Reaction score
I had this problem and I discovered if I changed the Format settings under my Built-in Output in Audio MIDI, it cleared up the sound. I had a weird double echo sound after using my ATR-2100 mic. I unplugged the mic and rebooted, but the sound distortion was still there. I changed my format to 48.0 kHZ from 44.1, which was the setting it was using.

My question is: why would using the mic change this setting for the output?
I'm new to using external mics, so my knowledge is newbie style

Looking at what I had, I'm starting to believe the sound distortion is due to having too many output and input options. I think it's just a bit too much for the computer to handle. Is your mic a Yeti as well?

Reaction score
Looking at what I had, I'm starting to believe the sound distortion is due to having too many output and input options. I think it's just a bit too much for the computer to handle. Is your mic a Yeti as well?

No I have an ATR-2100. I've tried to delete the outputs listed in Audio MIDI, but I can't do it. The sound echo is annoying, and now I still get sound output from my iMac built-in speakers when I use my bluetooth headset. I wouldn't have bought an external mic if I knew it would cause this type of issue.

Reaction score
No I have an ATR-2100. I've tried to delete the outputs listed in Audio MIDI, but I can't do it. The sound echo is annoying, and now I still get sound output from my iMac built-in speakers when I use my bluetooth headset. I wouldn't have bought an external mic if I knew it would cause this type of issue.

If you mean the echo of the sound on the computer, microphones aren't supposed to do that. It's normally the computer's fault. If you mean an echo while recording, that's usually a microphone issue, and there is possibly an easy fix. I'm sorry I couldn't help you more. I don't know much about your mic.

Ask a Question