SOLVED Wanted: To only put computer to sleep, screen save, or shut down manually.

Reaction score
iMac keeps trying to shut down, or go to sleep, with settings of power save and window saver set on never, including unwanted action of iTunes, Numbers and Pages being closed automatically. Unwanted shut down or sleep only stopped because some applications wouldn't allow themselves to be closed.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model iMac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-How much free space is left on the drive?
-Are you getting a popup window of any kind?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model iMac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-How much free space is left on the drive?
-Are you getting a popup window of any kind?

C
I appreciate you being willing to help. The solution was to change a setting in System Preferences,Security & Privacy,Unlock,Advanced,de-select the "Log out after xx minutes of inactivity". No pop-ups were occurring and there was enough free space on the drive. I do find it interesting that many people had the same concerns as you did.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I think many people having the same thoughts may have to do with how the issue was described. Please know we would never say anything to offend or upset you or any other member in any way. I guess it was just a miscommunication/misunderstanding on both ends when attempting to describe/diagnose the issue.

I am glad to hear the fix was simple, and we very much appreciate you posting the solution for the benefit of others in the future.

We're here if you need us in the future.

Stay healthy and safe,

C

Ask a Question